Sunday 30 August 2009

Playing with Google SketchUp

Working off the brilliant 2D design that Midnight Star did for me... (click the link to see the related forum thread) this is the 1st time I've ever done anything in 3D. To start with I found it so frustrating with this supposedly simple to use software... it was like learning to draw with my feet! However... after some perseverance, I am now quite chuffed with the progress I have made as a beginner. The program I used is called Google SketchUp (version 7 at the time of writing) and it's non-Pro version is just 36MB to download and entirely free to use! I can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone interested in learning the concepts of working with 3D but have zero previous experience. I haven't exported anything yet but read that it was possible to import my work from Sketchup into more advanced programs for making animations etc... which I also hope to try my hand at upon a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!