Tuesday 2 June 2009

Revver videos share revenue and make money off the internet!




Riiiiiight...
My Revver page: http://www.revver.com/u/not2old4toys/

I have posted some vidz both on Revver and YouTube. A few videos even appear exclusively on Revver, but mostly it's a backup of some of my older vidz and alternate edits.

I joined Revver's video site way back ... just a little after I started posting videos on YouTube. The main reason was that I'd been quite unhappy with the poor video quality on YouTube (it was back in the day when their video was really blocky and blurry, no"HQ" and way before "HD"). Revver's video image was much much sharper with higher resolution & colours were good. If you look at some of my very early YouTube videos, I suggested in the video info to go see my vids in Revver for better quality (content was still crap, just looked clearer!).

Then I found that people were able to subscribe to me via their iTunes as a video podcast which at the time was super cool!

Not only that but they offered me 40% of any revenue they made from people watching my videos! You get a PayPal payment every month your earnings reach or exceeded 20 USD!

That this revenue sharing thing was open to anyone who signed up with them was amazing considering you had to be a Partner on YouTube to generate income...

Well since posting my 1st video on Revver 2008-02-07, I have 24 videos and today up to 15 bucks in total earnings. I might reach the magic 20 dollar mark by the next few months? That is if Revver is still arround at that date to pay me! I say that because there was a couple of messages I got from their admin (the ONLY messages I ever got from Revver!) apologising for late payments etc... make their best effort to sort things out... Then, sigh... I come across this rather sad article:
http://www.streamingmedia.com/article.asp?id=11141

So a warning to any of you looking for an alternative video sharing site to make some pennies publishing your efforts on the internet. Revver looks like it's going to implode or perhaps it has already imploded.

:(

Never mind... but boy was I looking forward to that 20 bucks!

1 comment:

  1. oh...i see...i was so looking forward to this too =/ boo...well thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!